500 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 2215
Location: Kenmore Square
Hotel Rates From: $213 – $449
The Hotel Commonwealth is a newer luxury hotel located In Kenmore Square. Suitable for the traveler looking to stay in a slightly larger room than those available in some of the older downtown hotels. Don’t expect to walk out of this hotel and be near all the downtown attractions. If you don’t mind jumping on the subway (located right outside the hotel) for a short trip downtown, than the Hotel Commonwealth is worth a look. You can expect clean well appointed and comfortable rooms, marble bathrooms, and a courteous professional staff. It’s located just 2 blocks from Fenway park, and features the award-winning seafood restaurant Great Bay.
Super clean newer luxury hotel with larger rooms make the Hotel Commonwealth a StartHereBoston pick. It’s is a great choice if you are in town for the Sox game, or for parents visiting their kids at Boston University.
Reviews from around the web:
Average Rating: 4.5
- Reviewers raved about the on-site restaurant, Island Creek Oyster Bar. It is known as one of the top seafood restaurants in Boston. You’ll even find locals frequenting this spot.
- The hotel itself was described as beautiful with lovely decor. Reviewers also commented on the spacious, clean rooms.
- The staff was noted as friendly and very helpful.
- Many rooms offer a view of the iconic Citgo sign. Reviewers who stayed in these rooms mentioned this was a highlight of staying in this hotel.
- The Hotel Commonwealth is centrally located with nearby hiking trails and public transportation right outside.
- Reviewers loved that it was only a five minute walk to Fenway Park, which is great if you’re going to a Red Sox game during your stay.
- The valet parking fee is quite high, but there is street parking available if you plan to self-park.
- The rooms don’t come with coffee makers, but you can request a Keurig machine from the front desk.
Advice from Reviewers
- Stay here if you are coming to Boston for a Red Sox game because you can easily walk to Fenway Park.
- Let the front desk know if you are a veteran or if you are staying there for an occasion. They may upgrade you to a suite or offer a special treat!
- The hotel is dog-friendly so let the front desk know if you have pet allergies.
- If you want a quiet, relaxing stay don’t book this hotel during a Red Sox game. The crowd gets very noisy near the hotel.
- If you bring home any leftovers, you can request a microwave from the front desk.