215 Charles St
Boston, MA 02114
Location: Beacon Hill
Hotel Rates From: $225 – $715
The Liberty Hotel is Boston’s newest hotel, located near Beacon Hill and Mass General Hospital, the Liberty is the Former Charles Street Jail House. The building is a National Landmark. The hotels makes good use of the Jailhouse theme with Tile Mosaics Of People Once Imprisoned At The Jail, the Jail Bar, featuring Barred Windows and original stonework. Rooms feature great floor-to-ceiling Windows with Boston City Views, Flat Panel Televisions and High-speed Wireless Internet Access.
What’s not to love, good location, comfortable clean new hotel, beautifully restored building with a cool Jail theme.
Reviews From Around the Web
Average Rating: 4.3
- Reviewers loved the unique history of this hotel previously being used as a jail. The on-site restaurants and bars stick to the prison theme for a fun, eclectic vibe.
- Convenience was a huge plus for most reviewers. The hotel has multiple on-site bars and restaurants to make easy on you if you’re looking to stay in for the evening.
- Many reviewers commented on how they enjoyed the nearby boutiques and restaurants and were able to easily walk to attractions, such as the Boston Gardens and Charles River Esplanade.
- The great location was mentioned by many reviewers as well. There is plenty to do nearby, the area feels safe, and the subway is right outside the hotel for easy transportation.
- Most reviewers said the beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly which really made their stay more enjoyable.
- A special perk that reviewers loved was the champagne upon arrival.
- Some rooms are small and walls are thin which made for a less than luxurious experience, according to some reviewers.
- A common complaint was that sounds carry easily between rooms. Traffic can get loud at night as well.
Advice From Reviewers
- If you have allergies, request a non-pet friendly floor.
- The on-site restaurants are very expensive. Go to a nearby restaurant to save a little money.