The Onyx Hotel is a newer luxury property offering boutique style accommodations Downtown. Location is key here, a few blocks to the Fleet Center, Faneuil Hall and the North Station. It’s a short walk to the fabulous restaurants of the North End. The Onyx has earned a Luxury AAA Four Diamond rating. You can expect comfortable beds, complimentary high speed internet, and stylish furnishing. On the downside if you are looking for a large room better keep looking.
If you are looking for stylish boutique hotel on a quiet street in the Downtown neighborhood, the Onyx is a good choice.
Reviews from around the web:
Average Rating: 4.2
- Reviewers raved about the location. The Onyx Hotel is located near the TD Garden, the North End, and the Freedom Trail. Also near to Little Italy, there are many delicious Italian restaurants nearby.
- There is an on-site gym and restaurant for convenience.
- The reviewers commented on the superb service and friendly staff. They make you to feel welcome and give you plenty of advice on what to do during your stay in Boston.
- The complimentary coffee in the morning and wine at night were a huge plus for reviewers.
- Most reviewers commented on the trendy decor, clean rooms, and comfortable beds.
- The Onyx Hotel is dog friendly, but reviewers mentioned the hotel still remained spotless.
- Reviewers were happy that there are plenty of nearby restaurants and bars as well as a subway to easily get to other attractions.
- Most reviewers stated that they had an overall great experience here.
- A common complaint was that the rooms and bathrooms are small.
- Don’t expect a room with a view here. Many reviewers complained that the windows looked right into other guest’s rooms, forcing them to keep their shades closed the whole time.
- There isn’t a coffee pot in the room, but complimentary coffee is offered every morning in the lobby.
Advice from Reviewers
- On game days, bring earplugs for sleeping as the nighttime crowd can be quite noisy.
- If you arrive early request early check in, they may be able to accommodate you.
- If you bring a dog, the staff will walk it for you while you explore the city!
- The hotel has complimentary bikes for you to take out on the town.
- The hotel is near Little Italy so be sure to eat at the nearby Italian restaurants.
- There is a $50 amenity fee so take advantage of the offered amenities, such as complimentary wine, coffee, and bikes.